The Girls and Boys teams usually hold a team dinner the night before a competition. These dinners are very popular with the kids because they offer a time for bonding and spirit building. Here is an informational summary of how the dinners are conducted:
- Parents volunteer the use of their homes to host the dinner
- Traditionally, the dinners are held at the homes of upper classpersons, but this is not etched in stone
- Kids organize the event (or at least they are supposed to)
- Everyone brings food, drinks, and desserts
- Freshmen bring main dishes; Sophomores bring salads and bread; Juniors bring desserts; Seniors bring drinks
- Main dishes should not just be pasta-they need some good quality protein too.
- The host parents usually supply plates, napkins, utensils, and cups
- The event starts around 6pm or 6:30pm should conclude by 9pm (or sooner at the discretion of the host parents)
- Don't be surprised when your kid tells you at the last minute ...."Hey Mom! I need to take a main dish to the team dinner and I am leaving in fifteen minutes". It is a good idea to keep something on hand that is easy to prepare, yet nutritious.